Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jessica Simpson: make-up and retouching free

In the upcoming issue of Marie-Claire magazine, Jessica Simpson is featured. The thing that makes this photoshoot different from all of her other ones, is that the photos taken for this feature were taken without Jessica wearing any make-up, and her photos were not retouched at all. Before I saw the pictures, I was happy to know that something like this was done in a magazine. However, once I saw the pictures, I was surprised by the way Marie-Claire magazine went about it. The cover shot is beautiful. Jessica Simpson looks totally natural, and she is a gorgeous girl without make-up on. The rest of the pictures of her, however, seem to cover her face in some way. The magazine boasts about their ability to make her look beautiful with no make-up or retouching, however the covering of her face in the pictures makes it look like they are hiding something.

This frustrates me, because however famous Jessica Simpson is, we are still not allowed to see any flaws in her face. Also, they do not show any pictures of her body. We all know that Jessica has been through a weight struggle lately, and it would have been interesting to see how she looks now.


Here are some of the pictures, you can judge for yourself:



3 comments:

  1. it is frustrating to see her hair in her face and the photographers def. did pose her in such a way as to maximize her beauty and overlook her flaws. The way she is facing her face up like that is a classic way to eliminate wrinkles and such. Oh well at least she was brave enough to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great Marie Clarie would do something like this. Many girls read these magazines and need to realize stars have flaws just like anyone else would. Yet it upset me that the cover Jessica's face, I think she looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, when I saw the picture of the cover page I was happy to see her without make-up, but later...those two pics of her hair covering her face and the shade really DOES make it seem as though she is trying to hide something. I think that it makes it look bad because it seems pretty obvious that there IS something to hide. I guess it was kind of expected from a magazine company.

    ReplyDelete