Thursday, February 11, 2010

RIP Alexander "Lee" McQueen

On February 11, 2010, Lee McQueen was found dead at his home in London, where paramedics found him dead at the scene, from a suicide. Lee McQueen was the designer for the brand "Alexander McQueen". He was known for his shocking yet sophisticated women's wear, and for his bold, yet classy designs. Lee McQueen was personally my all time favorite designer, so this news is devastating to me. I have always been in awe of his work, and his genius in the fashion world. He never followed a trend, and he was always coming up with interesting and unique looks for women. He loved playing with strucure, size, and colors in his designs. He never played it safe, and he was one of the most controversial designers of the past couple of decades. Lee's designs were very popular on the red carpet, for celebrities who wanted to make a statement.

Here are a couple of my favorite looks from "Alexander McQueen". Although they are very bold, they are completely striking to me, and beautiful in their own way. RIP Lee McQueen.






















2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are spreading his name by posting some of his work. It's truly innovating and refreshing work. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this designer. However, I have been seeing a lot of famous people wearing those 10 inch heels. I really enjoy his bold colors and sophiscated designs! Rip

    ReplyDelete